This fast-acting product will seal minor leaks in most swimming pools and spas in just 24 hours! Leak Sealer can seal leaks losing up to 1″ of water per day without even having to drain the pool or spa water.
- Works in 24 hours
- No need to drain pool water
- Seal minor leaks in all swimming pools & spas (except vinyl liners)
- Use in pools losing up to 1″ of water per day
- Retails for a fraction of the cost of leak detection & repair service
- 1 quart treats 15,000 gallons
Small, hard to find leaks can be more than just annoying. Left untreated, water that has escaped can undermine your pool and equipment. While major leaks need immediate attention from your swimming pool professional, minor leaks can be easily treated with Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer. Simply pour into your pool or spa at the site of the leak if you know its location. If you don’t know the location of your leak, pour recommended dosage into the skimmer. Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer will coagulate upon contact with the leak. Highly concentrated, one quart is sufficient to treat a typical 15,000 gallon pool.
DOSAGE RATES:Leak Sealer should be added at the rate of 1 qt. per 15,000 gallons (8 oz. per 14 m³) pool water. In spas, use 1 oz. per 500 gallons (1 oz. per 2 m³).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Turn the pump off. If using in a pool with an automatic pool cleaner, remove it from the pool.
- Set the filter on BYPASS or RECIRCULATE. If neither of these settings are available, remove grids or cartridges from the filter before treatment. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USE IN SPAS: It is possible that fine fountain jets may block when Lo-Chlor Leak Sealer is applied.
- Leak Sealer should be added at the rate of 1 qt. per 15,000 gallons (8 oz. per 14 m³) pool water. In spas, use 1 oz. per 500 gallons (1 oz. per 2 m³). There are 2 methods of application of Leak Sealer, depending on the location of the leak.
- (a) LEAK IN THE POOL/SPA SURFACE: If you are sure of the location of the leak (ex. around a light or the skimmer), pour Leak Sealer directly into the water in the vicinity of the leak.
- (b) LEAK IN THE PIPING: Add the correct dose of Leak Sealer directly into the skimmer. Set up a pool vacuum hose with vacuum head attached as you would for normal pool cleaning. Place the vacuum head at the deepest point of the pool. Ensure that the hose is free of air. (This method ensures maximum circulation through the piping.) IF UNSURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE LEAK, USE METHOD B.
- Wait 30 minutes after adding Leak Sealer then turn the pump on. Leave pump running for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Mark the water level and check in 24 hours.
- A second application may be required in larger pools.
- Return the filter setting to normal once the Leak Sealer has taken effect and resume normal filtration. Swimming may be resumed 24 hours after addition of the product. PLEASE NOTE: Leak Sealer is designed to seal minor leaks (where the water level drops 1 inch per day in a 15,000 gallon pool). Larger leaks require conventional plumbing/repairs.